An ongoing project by Blanca Martinez de Rituerto and Joe Sparrow.

Follow us on our offical Facebook page!

Buy Our Books!

Sunday 13 February 2011

Lizardfolk



The lizard-men are one of the staple creatures of fantasy, presented in D&D as the aptly-named Lizardfolk. They're a non-evil people, primitive but not savage, or at least that what the original Monster Manual indicates. Further books down the line give subraces/tribes of various lizardfolk, some with more evil abilities than other.

AND I'VE FINALLY FINISHED THIS ANIMATION WOOP

This was probably one of the more complicated characters I've animated to date. Other characters I did were a lot simpler, whereas with this one I always had to keep track of his belly ridges, number of teeth and so on.


Here, have some progress.

1) Turnaround of the monster, so I can always be aware of what details I'm missing, what proportions are wrong, what color goes where and so on. Drawn like three weeks ago.



2) Animating. Several step process because I can't just do it the smart way and not redraw the same shape a bazillion times.






Special thanks to Joe for showing me a whole lot of After Effects tips for improvements on the final render. Sounds on the film were taken from freesound and were originally created by Rhedcerulean and melarancida.

9 comments:

  1. I'm Melarancida from freesound.org.. I'm glad that you did use my recording! I think your animation is great!! Really liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god that is amazing. I'm so impressed! the shadows and the sound.. I would have never thought to add that watery blur (please post on deviantart so I can favourite it to death)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me gusta mucho. Este dragoncito seguro que es bueno.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah, that is really great. If I may ask, what did you use to make it? Flash?

    please tell me all your secrets

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I mostly animate in Flash. It's a really good application for just straight-up character animating. Then I use After Effects to put everything together, the lights, the shadows, lizard, sounds and background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's killer! Your animation oozes with character. I love the way he moves, it's so perfectly lizard-like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Name is Steve Jones from Canada, i turn to a vampire any time i want to, I become a real vampire because of how people treat me, This world is a wicked world and not fair to any body. At the snack of my finger things are made happened. Am now a powerful vampire and no one step on me without an apology goes free. I turn to human being also at any time i want to. And am one of the most dreaded and respected person in my country. i am now also very famous and rich with the help of the VAMPIRES EMPIRE. i get what ever a want. i become a vampire through the help of my friend who introduce me into a vampire Kingdom by given me their email: templeofsuccessandlove1@gmail.com, if you want to become a powerful and a real vampire kindly contact the vampire kingdom on their email: jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com for help. it is real. Contact them today. jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete